Monday, September 22, 2014

See you at Harry's

         See you at Harry's is the best book I have ever read.  I read it in a day, and could not put it down.  My English teacher last year recommended it to me, because it was her favorite book, and I loved it.  It is about a girl, Fern, and her troubles starting middle school.  Her dad owns the neighborhood ice cream shop so everybody knows her, and her little brother Charlie.  Charlie is the face of the shop, and everyone loves him!  Fern is hiding in the shadow in the shadow of her little brother, and she hates it.  Her brother, Holden, announces that he is homosexual, and his family doesn't accept him for it.  Fern is the only person who understands him, and she carries the weight of being his only friend.  Tragedy strikes the family, and their life is turned upside down.  This book has many twists and turns, and is written very well.  I could read it again and again and cry every time.  Check it out!!
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/12384984-see-you-at-harry-s?ac=1

5 comments:

  1. I want to read it looks very good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This book seems like one of those "Fault in Our Stars" book. It has an amazing plot and story, but many twists and turns and ups and downs. This book seems really good, and something I may be interested in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This book seems like it has a lot of stuff going on in it, but sounds very good. The author seems like a great writer and I will probably read this book sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This book sounds like it could be really good. I think I might decide to read it. It reminds me of The Fault in Our Stars because it sounds like it has a lot of deeper meaning within in it shown through a crazy story with a lot of random events.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This book sounds very heartwarming. Although I would say I am a well-rounded reader, I love realistic fiction! Very nice description!

    ReplyDelete