Thursday, February 4, 2016

blog #4 - adaptations




1) I screamed.
2) I threw the book off my bed.
3) I buried myself in my pillow.
4) I took a 30 minute mental relaxation to comprehend what I had just read.

That was me while reading the turning point of Gone Girl. I loved that book. It is one of the few books that I read in one day. It was one of the few books that I read in one day. I was just written so well, it read very fast. For this book, I HATED the movie. It was just weird. They over exaggerated the sexual parts and it was very unnecessary.

As for books I hated but movies I loved, one word - Divergent. I have so much to say about this book and movies. About the books. I only liked the first one. I read Divergent in one day. It was such a fast paced book, reading was easy. I was yelled at multiple times in my classes to stop reading and pay attention, I love books that make me do that. I thought I found a new series that I could potentially fall in love with, but boy was I wrong. When I got Insurgent the next day, I started reading. I hated it. Nothing was happening. I still forced myself to read it though, because that's the type of reader I am. It ended up taking me a month to read it. After I finally finished Insurgent, I was so  relieved. It then took me three months to read 38 pages of Allegiant, and I still didn't finish it. It was so bad. However, I did love to movies for this series. They were so action packed and exciting. I was on the edge of my seat the entire time, I watched them both in one day. I think the movies portray the story a lot better than the books.

A representation of my feelings in the Divergent movies.

No comments:

Post a Comment