Friday, February 26, 2016

blog #6 - about the fifth wave....

Wow. I loved the book The Fifth Wave by Rick Yancey. It was awesome. There was a lot of humor mixed with some romance but a lot more mystery and action. I was the perfect balance! The major plot was the main character, Cassie, trying to find her brother. That was her main goal, not falling in love with the mysterious guy in the woods who saved her life. About that... What the heck??? In the movie the "big reveal" about the creepy guy in the woods was totally obvious from the start. In the book it took me a little while to get it. I mean, the actor who plays him kind of even looks like an alien so that's how I knew. In the book, the characters were also WAY more developed (obviously). I could always tell what they were feeling. 

At one point in the movie, I thought Cassie was pissed at the guy in the woods (I do not know his name) but they were definitely not mad because they started making out. That was something I was not expecting, I may have sheildes my eyes because I act like I am 5 sometimes in moments like that. The movie was way over dramatic with the romance. I feel like it was to appeal to the female audiences, but it still sucked. 

The movie also had way too much action. There were some parts wher eI didn't even understand what was going on because there was so much gunshots and fire. I hate movies like that. That probably why I hated The Fifth Wave.

No comments:

Post a Comment