Friday, February 19, 2016

blog #5 - trailers ( The Fifth Wave )



(this is the trailer that i watched and will be referring to)



I do not have very high expectations for this movie. I absolutely loved the book, and I am afraid the movie will ruin it. The book was mostly "oh no aliens we have to shoot them before they shoot me." I feel like the movie will have a more "lets have a thought out action plan to kill this one alien soldier we should blow everything up" sort of perspective. I hate stuff like that, movies over dramatize everything. They just need to kill the guy, not shoot a randomly placed barrel of gas to blow up an entire town.



I am also very confident in the fact that the movie will have too much romance in it, to appeal to male and female audiences. The trailer had stuff blowing up and guns (for guys) and hot guys and making out (for girls). The romances in the book were subplots, they do not need to take up the entire movie. There were no "I love you's" so are the romances that important?



To be completely honest, the main character (Cassie) does not match the images in my head at all. I pictured Cassie to look like a killer, because she is in the book. She stops at nothing to find her brother. The girl who plays her (Chloe Grace Mortez) I personally dislike as an actress in general, because of the movie If I Stay. In all the trailer I have seen for the movie, Cassie always looks scared. In the book she never really shows fear. I mean, look at this picture. She is alone in the woods and still looks horrified.









She also looks scared in this picture.





And this picture (even though she is with a hot guy and a gun)





Look! She's scared again.





She isn't scared of owls though.

No comments:

Post a Comment