Friday, March 18, 2016

blog # 9 - top five

(These books are not in order of which I like them because that would not be fair.)

Book #1 - The Help

This book is great. It follows different plot lines of different black housemaids during the time of slavery. All of the maids are friends, as are their "masters" so to speak. A lot of drama happens in the book, though it is mostly literature. I like this book because it moves very fast. The writing style made me zoom through the book. I read this 500 page book in three days. I would recommend this book to really anyone who is looking for a good read, but they would have to like history because this book is historical fiction. 

Book # 2 - Eleanor and Park

This book is a lot like most young adult books, but that doesn't mean that it's not good. This is about a teenage girl (Eleanor) facing the hardships of life in her family, friends, and romantic ssides. I liked this book because it feels so real. The author didn't sugar coat anything. I would recommend this book to any teenage girl. I say this because there is a heavy romantic factor in the book. 

Book #3 - Safe Haven

This book is a Nicholas Sparks romance, but it is definitely a good one. It's an action packed romance. It's about a wife in an abusive relationship who escapes it by fleeing to a small town. I like this book because of the action in the book, and because Sparks is a good writer. I think that anyone who likes romance novels would enjoy this book.

Book #4 - Fangirl

This is another Rainbow Rowell book. Rainbow Rowell is one of my favorite authors so I read all her books. This book is about a college girl named Cath, trying to find new friends and get used to college life.. all while writing fan fiction for her favorite book series from when she was 12. I think anyone who enjoys contemporary's would like this book.

Book #5 - We Were Liars

I loved this book. The ending caught me completely off guard. It is about a girl who gets in a bad accident, and she forgets how it happens. Throughout the book she tries to figure it out. When the reader finally figures out what happens, they would never see it coming. Anyone who likes suspenseful thriller books would enjoy We Were Liars.

No comments:

Post a Comment